Thursday, June 24, 2010

Scallop Borders!!

Hello ACLP Friends!! It's Sheri here today to share a little inspiration with you!! Have you noticed that Scallop Borders seem to be the rage right now?? I am totally lovin' these thick borders!! I am a big fan of punches but I also LOVE my die cuts!! Sometimes you need a Die Cut so you can work with thicker materials. One of my All-Time favorites is the Scallop die set by Quickutz!! The Scallop set includes a .75" and a 1" wide by 12" long dies. They are perfect not only for your card making projects but your scrapbooking.

My cards use the NEW Fly A Kite papers by October Afternoon. I love the fact that you can sample papers with Claudia's fun 6x6 Sample Packs over at DCRU!! Another fun find was Cork. I have seen tons of samples lately and have wanted to play with it. These dies cut it like butter.

For my first card I used the larger Scallop Die (1" wide). I love how I was able to tie the ribbon around the border. I also used the sweet Fleur Anya by The Greeting Farm. Her little dress is paper pieced to coordinate.

My second card uses the smaller Scallop Die (.75" wide). I used the Adorable Emma Puddle Jumper stamp by Claudia & Co.

My last card uses the smaller Scallop Die again (.75" wide). This time I not only used it as a full border at the bottom of the card but I also snipped a little piece to place under the top layer. The darling image is a NEW Lollipop digi stamp called Lollipop Hannah that was just released by Claudia & Co .

I hope you were inspired to create with some Scallops on your next creation!! The Quickutz Scallop die set is now on SALE for $14.99(Regularly $24.99) here at DCRU!! Hurry before supplies run out!!

Happy Stamping!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...