Thursday, September 30, 2010

Awakening Your Spooky Treats!

Good Morning!  Can you believe we are at the end of September already?
Soon enough Halloween will be upon us.
I LOVE Halloween and I've honestly been planning for it since the beginning of school.  

  Claudia has some really cute Halloween Papers in the store right now. 

I used some fun papers by My Mind's Eye that are currently not available. (SORRY! ) You could easily substitute The Cosmo Cricket Matilda line or Echo Park's Halloween Sampler pack  for the same look.

I hope to inspire you with a few fun, 3D projects that you can incorporate into your Halloween festivities.

My first project uses a regular paper lunch sack.


I simply cut the top section off and decorated using crepe paper, the Halloween Designer paper, Chipboard Elements and some Thickers that were highlighted with stickles.  I think it's really fun to braid a handle using ribbon or in this case the crepe paper.  It's a great use of resources and creates a sturdy handle.  The handle is attached using hot glue and then concealed with a button tied with Baker's Twine.

Here is the same bag using Basic Grey's Olivia Line of papers:


I created my flower using this fabulous ribbon by May Arts.  It's topped off with an Olivia button:)  Don't you love when it all matches?  

Now I have a few more ways to deliver those YUMMY Halloween treats.



One of my most favorite treats at Halloween is a big bag of Candy Corn mixed in with Salted Peanuts.  Can you say "YUMMO!?"

That little french fry box would be the perfect container to hold that treat.
  I think my" EEK!"  box could hold a few Ghirardelli Chocolates very nicely.  The  "EEK!"  part comes AFTER you step on the scale, though.

The "BOO" container is one of the easiest treat containers to make AND it is a recycled item.  LOVE that!  Simply take an empty toilet paper container, wrap tissue paper around it.  Fill the inside with goodies and twist the ends to tie with yarn, ribbon, etc.  I like to wrap it with some designer paper and add a few embellishments to make it even more fun.  My googlie-eyed creation is supposed to be a bat.  It's ok if you didn't know.  I'm not so sure it looks very "batty" myself.  I think I should just stick to the Chipboard Elements, don't you ?  They are so much easier to use.

Speaking of recycling, I have one last item to share. This will sit in my entry way this Halloween season.  Please excuse the photos.  It wouldn't fit in my light box.



I used some twigs from my backyard and spray painted them black.  My new puppy wanted to eat them:)  I was able to save them and then hot glued them inside an old soup can that was first decorated with more Halloween paper and some black trim.  My ghosts are tissue paper covered Dum Dums tied with more Bakers' Twine and googlie eyes.  Remember making these as kids.  We always used Kleenex, but honestly, tissue paper is much cheaper and you can manipulate it better.

That's all for me today.  I hope I inspired you to get started on your Halloween treats.  These little containers are so easily adaptable to other types of gift giving as well.  Hey!  If I didn't inspire you then I bet I at least woke up that sweet tooth of yours.  Now where did I put that candy?????

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...