I was asked to be a guest designer for A Crafty Little Place (the new home of Die Cuts R Us) and provide a tutorial. This sounds like oodles of fun and it is a perfect time of the year to crank out some teacher gifts!
I decided that Seed Packet Cards would be perfect for Teachers and great to show my love for Spring, all things new, growth, etc.
1. Begin by printing out the seed packet template found HERE. Now this template was made for a seed packet measuring 4 1/2 inches high by 3 1/4 inches wide. You may have to adjust your dimensions but at least you have an idea of what I did.
2. Carefully cut out the template on cardstock. I used cardstock because it is thicker and provided a nice base to trace around.
3. Gather your supplies. For this project, I used Cherry Delicious Paper from Sassafrass. You can find this paper in the A Crafty Place store HERE at a terrific value. Double sided, thicker printed paper works better for this project.
4. After you have cut out the template, score the template on the dotted lines. I used my Scor Pal for this and made sure I really made crisp creases.
5. When you fold up the bottom edge, you can see that the seed pack gets a private little "pouch". I found that using the Glue Glider Pro permanent adhesive is PERFECT for the pouch. You can find that at the A Crafty Place store HERE.
6. It is now time to embellish the front of the card packet. I used my Making Memories Slice to cut out THANKS using the Words and Expressions disk. Did you know that A Crafty Place sells Slice products too? They have quite a selection to whet your appetite too. You can find them HERE. I embossed the label that I had cut using my Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder (also found in the store right HERE!).
7. Here you can see how I folded the entire thing together to make a card of sorts. The inside reads: TEACHERS PLANT SEEDS OF GREATNESS!. I added some twine to tied the cards up.
8. Here is the finished product complete with my all time favorite DEW DROPS. A Crafty Place sells these too! They are the best added dimensionals for any project and come in so many fun colors! You can find a large selection HERE.
VOILA! You are complete! The total time for all of these to be done was ONE HOUR!
We would love to see your versions of the seed packets so why don't you try it out and show us what you make!
Tricia these are wonderful and I'm so glad you could fit us into your super busy schedule.
Many thanks to your for such a fantastic tutorial. Please be sure to leave some love for Tricia here and on her personal blog too at: Tricia's Treasures.
Don't forget to check out this week's Crafty Little Challenge and enter your projects before
Sunday at 9:00 PM EST.
We also have our Scrappy Little Challenge going strong...if you love to scrapbook this is the place for you...just follow the sketch and link up your project.
We would love to see you enter any of our challenges or even both of them.