Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm A Material Girl

Hi everyone. Today I want to share a few cards I made using material as embellishments. And to top off my material cards I used Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl patterned paper. The mini 6x6 paper pad is adorable with so many beautiful pieces of paper. It is a must for crafters! The Cosmo Cricket "Material Girl" collection is available at the Die Cuts R Us Store. Check it out!

Now for my cards. I love using small material bundles to make things. I like that they are scrap pieces that I can cut up and don't feel like I'm ruining good material.

My first card I made a flower using material. Instead of cutting my material, I used my scissors to start my cut then ripped it a part, so the edges are frayed. I then twisted my material around to make a flower then added a button center:



Next up I used material to make a ruffle. I simply stitched the ruffle to my card and I handstitched it because I tear up every sewing machine I get near:



And for my last card. This one is my favorite and by far the easiest to make. I added a strip of material to my card. Then with the leftover material I tied a bow and adhered it to my strip.



Now go find an old T-Shirt, curtains, or sheets and start creating (material is all around us)! Cheap and easy embellishments.



Visit the Die Cuts R Us Store to see the Material Girl collection and check out their super products!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...